Hi all, strange question (hopefully in the right place) – has anyone had any experience of converting a MS Surface Pro?
Hi Amardeep, they are a few threads regarding Surface like this one:
And the question isn‘t strange at all! #igel-hardware would fit a bit better but let‘s stay here.
@member had some Surface experience if I remember right.
I converted my Surface 4 Pro. There’s a video on YouTube about installing Ubuntu on it. Out of box the touch isn’t working but the video shows how to get it working.
I have a customer who has the touch screen working out of the box but cannot get the keyboard to be recognised, did you have any issues with this?
Hm nope, that worked, but it was a quick test so perhaps some keys aren’t. Is the keyboard not working at all?
unfortunately not, the only option the customer has at the moment is using a virtual touchscreen keyboard – also currently struggling to connect to a network (this may be in line with some of the LTE modem bits ive read).
This may help for further reference on this subject: www.reddit.com/r/SurfaceLinux/
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to convert a MS Surface Pro device to IGEL OS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?