how do i create a custom application desktop/start menu icon so that the command it run will run as root?
This commands are all running in User context as far as I remember, the only way without tweaking around would be to let your command get started as a custom command. Which kind of purpose are you looking at?
i am running a script but it require root access
if i run the script using a terminal session using user session, it run successfully
in which context, root or user?
in user context
its a shell script… which is saved in /wfs
if i run the script using a terminal in user context, it will run successfully
but using the same command in Custom Application > icon name is terminal, it will not run successfully
Then you could maybe try to play around with this:
pkexec xterm -e “bin/bash /wfs/yourscript.sh”
u mean enter above command in the Custom Application > command ?
yes but with the path and script name in that line adapted to your needs.
nice, it works
but its prompting a terminal showing some logs and auto disappear when the script finished running. i think i just need to modify the script to dump into null
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to create a custom application desktop/start menu icon so that the command it run will run as root on IGEL OS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- Any plans to support Teams Optimization Pack for VMware?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS