Just recently found the powershell modules and am looking to create a large amount of new devices in ums, but keep running into an error message
Command: New-UMSDevice -ComputerName ‘umsserver’ -WebSession $WebSession -Mac ‘111111111111’ -FirmwareId 2
WARNING: Bad Request: The request does not match the API, e.g. it uses the wrong HTTP method. Uri: umsserver:8443/umsapi/v3/thinclients
I’ve attempted to cycle through the security protocols in the command, but i’m sure we’re using tls1.2.
has anyone run into this issue or can point me in the right direction?
Hi, I am the maintainer of the PSIGEL PowerShell module. The error message means, that you have done a valid request (for a valid endpoint), but the API is not able to perform it. In this case (your example) I would guess, that you created that device succesfully one time, then deleted it in the UMS console (where it still is in the Recycle Bin) and now you want to create it again, but the MAC (Unit-ID) is already used (with the device in the recycle bin).
btw , i am presenting PSIGEL next week here: igelcommunity.slack.com/archives/CAKN13830/p1604053285091300
there also will be examples regarding creation of devices.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to create a large amount of new IGEL OS devices in UMS using PowerShell?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- Can I to use Remote desktop and webcam support via a thin client with IGEL software?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- What is required for Zoom VDI/Zoom Media Plugin for Citrix on IGEL OS?