Just recently found the powershell modules and am looking to create a large amount of new devices in ums, but keep running into an error message
Command: New-UMSDevice -ComputerName ‘umsserver’ -WebSession $WebSession -Mac ‘111111111111’ -FirmwareId 2
WARNING: Bad Request: The request does not match the API, e.g. it uses the wrong HTTP method. Uri: umsserver:8443/umsapi/v3/thinclients
I’ve attempted to cycle through the security protocols in the command, but i’m sure we’re using tls1.2.
has anyone run into this issue or can point me in the right direction?
Hi, I am the maintainer of the PSIGEL PowerShell module. The error message means, that you have done a valid request (for a valid endpoint), but the API is not able to perform it. In this case (your example) I would guess, that you created that device succesfully one time, then deleted it in the UMS console (where it still is in the Recycle Bin) and now you want to create it again, but the MAC (Unit-ID) is already used (with the device in the recycle bin).
btw , i am presenting PSIGEL next week here: igelcommunity.slack.com/archives/CAKN13830/p1604053285091300
there also will be examples regarding creation of devices.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to create a large amount of new IGEL OS devices in UMS using PowerShell?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?