Hello everyone, looking to create a profile that has the ability of having a link on the desktop for staffers to click. The link would be a standard URL web link. Any help would be appreciated
You’ll need to create a Browser session and point it to the URL your wanting to browse to.
how do you do that?
via the UMS
Under Profiles, create a new one and under Session you’ll see Browser
I see that, but when I get there, I don’t see a place to place a direct URL. The goal is to push this out to all the IGELS so that they can just click on the link and go direct to the website.
Hi Alan, tried to answer in the other thread you created:
ahhh, got it. Now, how do I add this setting to all the workstations?
drag that new profile on to a device or folder where the Workstations are located
@member it seems like you are starting gathering experience with Igel, I would like to send you a perfect guide to get started:
It describes more or less everything you need!
Got it, let me test it now… Hopefully it works well!
Thanks for that info
So looks like I lost all the desktop items. Nothing was there
Do you have license on that device? I mean, locally, click on Start => About
I didn’t have a license. I am working with an IGEL now that’s license and my question is, when you create a new profile with the browser home page set to the URL I want accessed, do you have to set anything else in that profile? This IGEL already has a profile set, but I was going to add this as an additional profile just for the web link. Is that fine or do I have do something else?>
That‘s usually fine. I would recommend though to do some security settings but that‘s optional.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to create a web link on the IGEL OS desktop?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?