Good morning everyone! I’d like to create a Default Directory Rule in IGEL UMS. In the according KB it says, the rules are applied “during registration”.
Just to be sure: “Registration” is the moment when Thin Clients are joined to UMS for the first time and “re-registration” doesn’t happen, if the Thin Clients are already listed somewhere in UMS, right?
The rule is applied on boot everytime if you check the according option.
Good morning Daniel, absolutely right: after the first registration the device wouldn‘t do a re-registration process. It’s one time process. The rule itself can be applied a few times (on boot, if top directory differs, …)
Thanks! So these rules apply even after the registration. I will create my rules accordingly.
(Maybe IGEL should change the KB article slightly? kb.igel.com/endpointmgmt-5.09/en/default-directory-rules-4253033.html)
You are welcome! I believe that there is a feedback button on our Kb, where you can provide this kind of requests, there should be a symbol like a mail
That reminds me of a German saying: “Wer lesen kann, ist klar im Vorteil.” Thanks!
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to create Default Directory Rule in IGEL UMS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”