is it possible to deactivated the password dialog, when you like to set the thin client to factory default locally on the device via the boot menu? We have in our company an IT field service and we dont like to give them the root password to do that.
For the moment, our workaround was to install the thin client with the OSC Stick new. I tried it with the setup administrator but this user have not the rights for that.
Hi Steffen, the only way would be to remove the Administrator Password for this devices. The Administrator Password is used for the user root but also for the factory reset. If you disable it, the boot menu opens with a Password prompt.
thx for the hint 👍 but this work so long as the device is able to configure from the ums. I got the failure “identifier of TC is invalid” the thin client doesnt accepted any command from the ums anymore.
So, you want to remove the Password protection “on Demand”, locally and offline?
correct 😉 but i guess this is not possible, because when you like to change something in this direction you need root rights
Well, we could script something but I would create an unnecessary security issue IMHO. From what I recall we have a feature on our “Roadmap” which should split the Reset to FD away from the Admin password. So, if it isn’t urgent, I would wait until this feature is integrated.
Note: the feature seems to be on backlog but not away.
Great news, i can wait…the workaround is working well 🙂 thx
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to deactivate the password dialog, when you set the thin client to factory default locally on the device via the boot menu?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?