is it possible to define a setting for changing Users AD password within a citrix session, that this is only possible once the password is expired?
Thanks and regards,
How are you accessing your Citrix environment? Enabled the Password Change option within Storefront (and the ADC if you are coming in via a Gateway)?
I do not use change password option within StoreFront. Currently many connections via NetScaler due to Home Office. Normal access is from the internal network with IGEL UDC endpoints.
If they are coming in via the ADC Gateway and also internal Storefront I’d enable the ability to change the password.
and where is this setting in the UMS or OS 11 Profile?
These are within the ADC Gateway config and Storefront rather than the Igel OS
ok thanks a lot.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to define a setting for changing Users AD password within a Citrix session on IGEL OS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”