Pointing Citrix self-service appliance mode to a SAML enabled (AzureAD) StoreFront store intermittently results in not loading the authentication website from AzureAD (usually just an empty embedded browser window from Workspace app. Only way to bring it back is a reboot of the device and usually it wotks on the second attempt. The issue happens with different devices (coverted and IGEL hardware). It looks like some sort of timing issue. I know it’s probably a quite rare setup but maybe someone has seen it as well? Since it might be a timing issue I wonder if there’s a way to delay the launch of the appliance mode to make sure the network has fully initialized? Didn’t find a registry setting and the delay value from the autostart configuration seems not to apply for appliance mode unfortunately.
I don’t believe there is a way to delay appliance mode startup, but you may be able to get a similar configuration using a browser appliance session, and it may be more relaible that way.
Well, didn‘t test it, but you could try to place a Final network command like
and it should wait 30 seconds after Network Init, it should include the Appliance Start. If it works, change the sleep command to a shorter period.
thanks, will give it a try
Thanks, browser appliance session isn’t supported in OS 11 anymore and the custom browser appliance mode (browser kiosk) has it‘s own issues with Workspace app detection and auto launch of ica files
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to delay the launch of the appliance mode to make sure the network has fully initialized on IGEL OS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS