Hello! Looking to deploy a custom partition using ICG to remote IGEL clients (no LAN access). In a non-ICG setup you typically upload the .inf and .bz2 files to your UMS server then you import the profile to your UMS server and update the profile with the IP address of your UMS server. I understand that ICG is limited to Universal Firmware Update, Shadowing devices via VNC and Secure Terminal. That being said, is there any way to be able to get this done remotely?
Setup a file server that is internet facing that the clients can connect to.
Thanks Ron. So in summary I could upload the .inf and .bz2 files to a public FTP then import the profile to UMS (Internal) then update the CP profile with the IP address of the public FTP server and apply the profile to the ICG iGel?
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to deploy a IGEL Custom Partition via ICG’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- How to downgrade IGEL OS versions?