Hello! Looking to deploy a custom partition using ICG to remote IGEL clients (no LAN access). In a non-ICG setup you typically upload the .inf and .bz2 files to your UMS server then you import the profile to your UMS server and update the profile with the IP address of your UMS server. I understand that ICG is limited to Universal Firmware Update, Shadowing devices via VNC and Secure Terminal. That being said, is there any way to be able to get this done remotely?
Setup a file server that is internet facing that the clients can connect to.
Thanks Ron. So in summary I could upload the .inf and .bz2 files to a public FTP then import the profile to UMS (Internal) then update the CP profile with the IP address of the public FTP server and apply the profile to the ICG iGel?
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”