Hello! Looking to deploy a custom partition using ICG to remote IGEL clients (no LAN access). In a non-ICG setup you typically upload the .inf and .bz2 files to your UMS server then you import the profile to your UMS server and update the profile with the IP address of your UMS server. I understand that ICG is limited to Universal Firmware Update, Shadowing devices via VNC and Secure Terminal. That being said, is there any way to be able to get this done remotely?
Setup a file server that is internet facing that the clients can connect to.
Thanks Ron. So in summary I could upload the .inf and .bz2 files to a public FTP then import the profile to UMS (Internal) then update the CP profile with the IP address of the public FTP server and apply the profile to the ICG iGel?
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- Any plans to support Teams Optimization Pack for VMware?