Hey folks, I’m trying to transfer a shortcut (.lnk) file to the desktop of a UMA device using “Files”. It gets there, but logged in user (admin or regular) can see the file on C:UsersPublicDesktop appearing, but they don’t have the rights to it. Only SYSTEM seems to have full access to the file. In the profile I’ve checked read/write/execute for owner and others.
Hey Kai, is this command working in CLI?
That command isn’t available on the endpoint, as far as I can see. Should it be?
I don’t have a UMA by hand, but could you check if it is available on C:Progra*IGEL ?
Nope, nothing of the sort. (dir /s setacl*.* comes up empty.)
Running UMA-W10 x64 3.01.130 by the way.
You could try the UCB then: kb.igel.com/endpointmgmt-6.07/en/partial-update-for-igel-devices-with-windows-embedded-standard-43107827.html
There you can set File permissions!
That did the trick, I was able to make a Partial Update and deploy that instead. Thanks Sebastien!
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to deploy a shortcut (.lnk) file to Windows desktop via IGEL UMA with correct file permissions?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Any plans to support Teams Optimization Pack for VMware?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR