Hello everyone. My company is new to using iGEL. Trying to figure out how I can deploy google chrome browser. I believe I need it requires a custom partition which I believe I found here files.igelcommunity.com/igel/cp/Browser/chrome/google-chrome-stable-81.0.4044.129.zip
Problem is when I import that CP and push to device it appears to install and icon is placed on desktop but it won’t launch/open. Anyone have any ideas? Thank You in advance.
Hello Adrian, is Chromium an alternative? On an actual Firmware like 11.04.240 it is included by default, without the need to use a CP.
The CP mentioned in your post is just a Framework, the proprietary was removed. So, you could try to build it by your own or ask your local Presales Sales to handle out the up and running CP.
ah I see what you are saying. I believe the reason behind needing chrome is a specific internal company app that is coded for google chrome so chromium might suffice.
github.com/IGEL-Community/IGEL-Custom-Partitions/blob/master/CP_Source/Browsers/Google_Chrome/build-chrome-cp.sh build-chrome-cp.sh – does this shell script create the full app instead of just the framework?
Yes, exactly! If you can, I would try Chromium first, just because it is fully integrated and supported. If that doesn‘t should be enough: right, the build script will build it for you.
great! Thank you for the information @member
They also need ability to add network printers. Do you know of a guide to add them on iGEL? Or might that be another custom partition we need.
If you want, you can push Network Cups Driver by a profile:
or use a script for that (no CP): Ron created a cool stuff on that, hope that helps:
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to deploy Google Chrome browser on IGEL OS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”