Trying to remove accessories which the end users shouldn’t have access to. I’ve created a folder under “Devices” and I’ve placed a test device in that folder.
I’ve created a new profile which I’ve assigned to the folder. I was under the impression that all objects / devices in that folder would get the settings from the profile, but that’s not the case. How would I deploy profiles to a lot of devices without assigning to all devices individually?
Can you send us a screenshot of the setting for one Accessory you tried to get removed ?
When assigned object is a folder, it does not apply. If it’s assigned to a device, it’s succesful.
Looks good to me, now a screenshot of the same menu when right click on the Device, Edit Configuration and a screenshot of the right hand of your Console where the directly and indirectly assigned Profiles are shown.
Thanks, I might’ve been too quick to conclude, actually. After rebooting the settings are on the client device. After just saving or “Apply and send to device” the settings wasn’t applied. (After accepting the notification box telling me new settings were received)
Might be related to the port 30005 TCP UMS=>Endpoint which isn‘t opened, this one is needed for pushing Configs to the Device.
Can I test push from UMS to devices somewhere in UMS? (Sorry, I’m new to this)
I can reboot a device from UMS, so the communication is indeed there.
Are the devices internal, or going through and ICG @member?
They are going through ICG.
@member can you share the ICG / UMS / Igel OS Firmware Versions?
Sorry, but our lab environment went sideways a couple of days ago due to a faulty A/C, so I’ll have to build up everything from scratch..
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to deploy IGEL UMS profiles to devices without assigning to all devices individually?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?