Anyone know if there is a way to disable power control on directory level in WebApp? This is second time that our helpdesk rebooted all devices in company 😞 (and by the way – there are no logs for that activity)
The rights in the webapp are the same like in the native app, you only need to assign the right correct to the groups:
Not what I asked – I want to prevent accidental reboots. so Helpdesk should still be able to reboot individual ThinCliens, but no to select parent directory and reboot everything in that directory
Thats up to you
If they have the right to boot up all devices, there is not possibility to prevent that
I would recommend a WebUMS training – I never heard that someone have booted all devices
WebUI is confusing for helpdesk. They cannot differentiate if device is selected or directory is selected. This is 2nd time that they rebooted all devices by accident, and I absolutely don’t blame them because IGel did not really do great job in Web UI for this matter
I dont agree
most of my customers love the WebUMS
But to answer your question: such a function is not available
If it is not possible to reboot all the machines, automation is a problem at all
Will recommend customer to disable reboots for Helpdesk or not use Web UMS
thanks for your feedback
Available with UMS 6.07.100: kb.igel.com/endpointmgmt-6.07/en/general-administrator-rights-43107498.html
Thank you Rene!!!!!
Sometimes also IGEL employees dont know all what happens 😞
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to disable power control on directory level in IGEL UMS Web App? ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?