Hi everybody. I have an industrial touch-panel running with UD Pocket 10.05.500.01 Unfortunately, the touch function is not working, probably due to missing driver. I have different linux drivers from the manufacturer. But how can I install these screen drivers in IGEL OS?
Hi Andre, if you want to try and build by your own here is great how to regarding custom partition (CP):
That feature allows you (more or less) to integrate applications or drivers in our OS. Our OS is read only, so you can‘t install something like on a normal distro.
As an alternative, you could open a ticket at our support and ask for the creation but it will take a few days or weeks dependent from the actual project workload of our devs.
@member can you share the Hardware description of your monitor and your results with the community?
Hello Sebastien, thans for your reply. It is the first time I use the community at all. I think it is useful to look for a solution to a problem before contacting igel support. To the hardware: www.aprotech.de/produkte/industrie-pcs/panel-pcs
HAWK AP 12-RC with Intel® AtomTM N2600 Dual Core and resistive touch screen. I also have one panel with capacitive touch and it works fine with igel OS. The screen driver from manufacturer is called “PenMount”. I try to create custom partition as you suggested and let you know of the results.
Sebastien, i created the custom partition and started the install script.
root@ITC7CCBE2E1DFAD:/custom/pmlinux-Ubuntu10.10-20101124# sh install.sh Stopping running process of gPen, gCal, gDraw utilities.
| PenMount Setup Utility |
Detect PenMount COM
Detecting /dev/ttyS5 , 9600 bps ……. FOUND
PenMount 6000 ( : ) @ /dev/ttyS5, 9600 bps
Writing configurations to /etc/penmount.dat
Remove old penmount_drv.so
Copy Xorg module drivers…
Please logout and re-login to use Penmount device.
There is need to write to /etc/penmount.dat. When the terminal is being rebooted the configruation will be erased because of read only. What can I do to install the driver properly?
@member Please read my comments above.🙂
ln -s /custom/yourdriver.so /etc/yourtargetdirectory
@member I cannot understand the scripting. Is ther a place to look up how to install third party drivers?
Did you already searched in our community?
Here you can find a few script samples:
I remember that there is already 1-2 sampIes. if nothing helps you there give me a PM.
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS