Anyone know if there is a way to do printer autodiscovery from an IGEL OS device. Like if someone is working from home and needs to print, is there a way to have it autodiscover printers similar to how Windows and Chromebooks do? We are going to have some individuals working from home who will need to be able to print and trying to find the easiest way to setup printers for them. Hoping not to have to do individual profiles for each one.
For the moment and from a GUI, no, tbh. But from a command line perspective I would say yes, you could use the lpinfo -v command to find a network printer and then add it as LPD Printer. Or connect it through USB, use RAW Queue and you should be fine everywhere even in Profiles.
I have a feature request opened for a more handy local setup (starts at Regional settings, goes through Display Settings up to having a Printer Network Browser) but cannot promise a short term realization.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to do printer autodiscovery from an IGEL OS device?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?