Hey people, Ive got some returned IGEL from RAM process back and they are on a newer firmware which we are using. (new 10.05.800), and we are on 10.05.500. Is there a way to downgrade w/o losing the lic?
Hey Henrick, sure! Assign the Univetsal Firnware Update for 10.05.500 and execute the Command from context menu: Update and Snapshot commands=>Update (even if it a downgrade). It‘s pretty straight forward.
Within a major version like 10 or 11 you can downgrade all the time, but not from 11 to 10 or 10 to 5.
Alright guys, thanks for that! 🙂
I tryed like you said, Sebastien, but the Igel does restart but does not downgrade at all. The “older” Firmware is assigned, the policies are applied and the Igel does something like a firmware update, but after the restart, the firmware has not changed. 😞
Oookay, I’ve got it – its fixed! Thanks! ❤️
I just make rightclick – other commands – device => ums. thanks!
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS