Question for anyone that wants to answer. We’re in production mode but still have some kinks to work out. We will be testing with work from home users using a UD pocket. I believe these new group of test users will be using the udpocket on their own equipment. I dread this, because a lot of our people that are hired aren’t very ‘technical’. Depending on their home set up and whether or not they have boot to usb enabled – we will have to direct them on how to get them to boot to usb. Can anyone think of an easy way to overcome this – or are we doomed to have them find out what their computer is so we can tell them to press the correct f key to get to boot options? (Hopefully I am making sense.)
We ran into somethign similar. We created a document outlining the process to boot to USB from the main manufacturers (Dell, Lenovo, HP, etc). No way around it, gonne be tough.
sigh Yeah, I figured as much. In theory a ud pocket would be very useful if you were giving out equipment because this would already be configured to boot through bios – but adding their own equipment just makes it so much harder. I figured I’d ask anyway in case there was some technology I wasn’t aware of.
Nothing that I know of I am afraid, but there are other much smarter people than me that might have another solution.
I can share something as PM. @member it’s coming from our competition 😀
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to easily teach home users to boot to the IGEL UD Pocket?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- Can I to use Remote desktop and webcam support via a thin client with IGEL software?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- What is required for Zoom VDI/Zoom Media Plugin for Citrix on IGEL OS?