Hello! How to enable installation of .deb packages from the terminal on os11? Thanks!
which kind of software is it?
Let’s start with my definition of a Custom Partition: the CP is a read/writable partition inside of our OS, where you can put files that shouldn’t get lost after a reboot. Those files could be scans (from a document scanner), bigger files (local emergency plans) or, the icing on the cake: scripts: imagine you could integrate easily Applications, Libraries that are not part of the Igel OS.
How does it work? In an easy manner explained: we receive a deb file (or whatever Linux x64 Ubuntu compatible), extract it, make it portable, and deploy it then to the endpoint.
So, basically, please forget the idea of installing stuff, that cannot happen because of our Read-only partitions and security checks BUT you can link everything you want to the OS during Boot time. Here magic starts (or ends)!
-we found every dependency of your application
-we recreate the folder structure
-create a script that links the needed files to our OS (example: ln -s /custom/anyconnect/etc/vpn.conf /etc/)
-pack everything in a tar
-create a profile where to download the CP, starts the script, etc…
Here is a great tuto:
I wanted to install NetScaler Gateway Plug-in VPN www.citrix.com/downloads/citrix-gateway/earlier-versions/netscaler-gateway-plug-in-VPN_EPA_Clients_Ubuntu_18.html
Since this request is coming quite often I would rather ask you to open a ticket and ask together with your Igel Sales rep, for a Feature request.
This Plugin integration is planed but on our backlog atm.
In the meantime you could try to build the CP.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to enable installation of .deb packages from the terminal on IGEL OS 11?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS