Hi eveyone – had anyone ever tried to execute a external application out of firefox trough a registered mimetype? I cant get it to work.. even if i try a mimetype which is already given by igelos for example a rtsp:// link nothing happens after hitting “open link”… Firmware 10.06.130.01. Do I miss something – e.g security settings?
Hi Dominik, did you checked if your proxy (assuming one is set) is blocking the request itself? Does it work when using a fatclient with Firefox?
You could try to enable the developper tools:
sed -i /services/fbrw/bin/firefox_policies.py -e “s#DeveloperTools’: lambda s: True#DeveloperTools’: lambda s: False#”
Assign, Reboot, Start Firefox, press F12
Hi Sebastien. Thank you for your reply. As far as i know, the developer tools arent logging anything from mimetypes. I just tried it. typing a rtsp:// address into firefox – the “Launch Application” window appears but i don’t see anything logged about this in developer tools…
Ok, it was worth a try. You could check the Firefox mime types under /userhome/.mozilla/firefox/browser0/mimetypes.rdf to see if your filetype is listed or if not, trying to add it there.
it is listed – i think i have a fundamental problem with executing an external program out of firefox. For example, if you try to open following URL from the Igel Firefox: freja.hiof.no:1935/rtplive/definst/hessdalen03.stream
it opens the “Launch Application” Dialog and offers you to send the link to Media Player. But if I press “open link” nothing happens. Not even the dialog closes…
It might be Apparmor related even if I can‘t test it, Goto System,Registry,System,Security,Apparmor and disable the checkbox, Reboot and test again.
This was exactly what i searched for!! Thank you so much!! 🙂
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to execute a external application out of firefox trough a registered mimetype on IGEL OS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS