Hello, sometimes it is needed to extract certificates from pfx file to import in UMS while configuring ICG. It is also needed to decrypt the private key. Today I was searching for that a long time (because I have done it years ago). Here are the needed commands (under use of OpenSSL (for Windows or Linux):
Extract .crt and .key files from .pfx file
1. Start OpenSSL from the OpenSSLbin folder.
2. Open the command prompt and go to the folder that contains your .pfx file.
3. Run the following command to extract the private key:
openssl pkcs12 -in [yourfile.pfx] -nocerts -out [drlive.key]
You will be prompted to type the import password. Type the password that you used to protect your keypair when you created the .pfx file. You will be prompted again to provide a new password to protect the .key file that you are creating. Store the password to your key file in a secure place to avoid misuse.
1. Run the following command to extract the certificate:
openssl pkcs12 -in [yourfile.pfx] -clcerts -nokeys -out [drlive.crt]
1. Run the following command to decrypt the private key:
openssl rsa -in [drlive.key] -out [drlive-decrypted.key]
Type the password that you created to protect the private key file in the previous step. The .crt file and the decrypted and encrypted .key files are available in the path, where you started OpenSSL.
Thanks Lars for your great support!
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to extract certificates from pfx file to import in IGEL UMS while configuring ICG’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- How to downgrade IGEL OS versions?