Hello, sometimes it is needed to extract certificates from pfx file to import in UMS while configuring ICG. It is also needed to decrypt the private key. Today I was searching for that a long time (because I have done it years ago). Here are the needed commands (under use of OpenSSL (for Windows or Linux):
Extract .crt and .key files from .pfx file
1. Start OpenSSL from the OpenSSLbin folder.
2. Open the command prompt and go to the folder that contains your .pfx file.
3. Run the following command to extract the private key:
openssl pkcs12 -in [yourfile.pfx] -nocerts -out [drlive.key]
You will be prompted to type the import password. Type the password that you used to protect your keypair when you created the .pfx file. You will be prompted again to provide a new password to protect the .key file that you are creating. Store the password to your key file in a secure place to avoid misuse.
1. Run the following command to extract the certificate:
openssl pkcs12 -in [yourfile.pfx] -clcerts -nokeys -out [drlive.crt]
1. Run the following command to decrypt the private key:
openssl rsa -in [drlive.key] -out [drlive-decrypted.key]
Type the password that you created to protect the private key file in the previous step. The .crt file and the decrypted and encrypted .key files are available in the path, where you started OpenSSL.
Thanks Lars for your great support!
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to extract certificates from pfx file to import in IGEL UMS while configuring ICG’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- Can I to use Remote desktop and webcam support via a thin client with IGEL software?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- What is required for Zoom VDI/Zoom Media Plugin for Citrix on IGEL OS?