Am I right in thinking that if I have a client with iGel on it and I re-provision it with a USB stick (“OS Creator”?) it does NOT completely wipe the disk and DOES remember some settings? This being the case; how should I go about performing a full “Wipe and provision” process on an existing iGel client?
Usually, if you want to get rid of everything I would format the device in prior with a live Ubuntu. Usually, the device might hold the licences and if checked in „migrate old settings“ the old settings.
OK. Will do that
And here is a note on removing licenses — github.com/IGEL-Community/IGEL-Docs/blob/main/Docs/HOWTO-Remove-IGEL-Device-License.md
Ron, thanks for that. My iGel environment will not be on the internet so syncing UMS with the license portal won’t be possible – but we will cross that bridge when we get to it.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to fully wipe and provision an existing IGEL client?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”