Any ideas on how to get a custom partition like Google Chrome to open up to a specific site on first opening?
or do I get your question wrong?
I think Nicolas meant to open a specific URL on first launch only. Given a CP is read only, this probably can’t be done easily.
@member you can work with Chrome policies to do that.
That is what I do with the CP for Training videos…
google-chrome-stable –no-default-browser-check –kiosk ~/trainingvideos
I was trying policies but having some issue, but will give this a try!
@member I can help you with the policies, if you want, I’ve installed Chrome as a CP too and with Chrome policies. 🙂
@member that would be great! Would you have time next week?
Yes, of course, text me over PM. 🙂
Thank you! I’ll reach out then!
Thank you Leon for taking the lead on this and being a real servant heart, that‘s community as its best, Nicolas: you are in great hands!
Would you mind keeping us in the loop if something can be shared or, if you need further help from us?
Yes will do! Thanks All!
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to get an IGEL Custom Partition like Google Chrome to open up to a specific site on launch?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?