Hi All, trying to get CD ROM drive working in Citrix via IGEL. have setup the policy as below and I can see it shows that the drive is ready. However i can’t get it to show up in Citrix. Citrix is working because when I test in windows I can get the contents of the CD drive to show by typing in \client in explorer. Not sure how to make it work or what I’m doing wrong. Appreciate any help with this.
Hmm… I would go ahead and bump up the number of drives to ‘3’ just to cover our bases, and then ensure you are not allowing native USB redirection for that specific device and don’t have a default rule of ‘allow’ (Sessions > Citrix > Citrix Global > Native USB Redirection). Appears correct otherwise
We did have Native USB redirection enabled, I isolated my test device and tried without it to no avail. any other suggestions? I will also log a ticket with support too.
Oh.. I forgot to mention Imprivata PIE agent is in place as well, not sure if it has anything to do with it.
It sounds like you’ve already got the Citrix policies setup to allow for USB/client drive mapping, but give this a shot in your IGEL profile:
That’s how I have mine configured, and the USB CD drive does map correctly. I’ve tested this on 11.03.580 through 11.04.270, and I’m running Imprivata appliance mode, as well (connecting to a Citrix Desktop).
My CD ROM drives are not USB they are SATA. Internal drives not external so i think i have to use storage hot plug policy instead of USB
Citrix doesn’t support SATA CD ROM drive redirection. That will most likely never work.
Hi Chris, it works in citrix, so I just checked the type of drive on the PC it’s a IDE not SATA. It’s just the internal CD/DVD drive that comes with old Dell PCs. My test machine is a old OptiPlex 9010
From what I understand this is not supported by Citrix. I would contact Citrix to see if it is something they officially support.
Sure thanks will check with them.
I got this to work Hooray! CD-ROM was being passed through to Citrix as a “Client Fixed drives” instead of “Client optical drives” When I enabled this policy in Citrix it started working. Works in Imprivata as well
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to get CD ROM drive working in Citrix via IGEL OS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?