Does anyone have any experience of adding new ‘*.desktop’ files to iGEL OS.
I want to get Chromium to download and run “.rdp” files with xfreerdp and ‘out of the box’ it just downloads them.
So think I need to
add a “rdp.desktop” file to “/usr/share/applications”
update “/usr/share/applications/mimeinfo.cache” OR run “update-desktop-datebase”
I found this article
which hints at the first part, though it refers to “/usr/share/applications.mime” rather than “/usr/share/applications”
I’m using iGel OS 11.5.
In a call atm. but is this thread covering at leadt partially your issue?
Yes, that thread talks about something similar; but he is manually editting files on the iGel. I need to apply this change via policy – and that’s the bit i’m stuck on.
Does it work if you apply the changes locally? If yes, I can help you to set it up!
I just hossed my UMS server upgrading to 6.07.100 so i’ll have to get back to you on that one.
There is no policy possible on that when you use “IGEL Setup” with Chromium. The only what you can do is to deactivate that option, than you can use normal chromium policies
Lars. to clarify, you are saying that we cannot control chromiums behaviour via UMS poliy
How do I “deactivate that option” ?
You can use UMS, you only have to disable this option:
Investigating, but thanks for the steer.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to get Chromium to download and run “.rdp” files? ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”