I can’t get the built-in SD card reader of our OptiPlex 9020 to work. When I open up a secure terminal and do a journalctl -f, a USB device works fine and gets mounted in my RDS session, but when I put an SD card in, nothing happens at all in the logs. I guess there is a driver missing?
Current workaround is to use a USB sd card reader, which is not ideal. Is there a better solution?
Hi Pieter, it could be a driver problem. However, I suspect that in fact, the reason is that IGEL OS only auto-mounts USB drives and not other removable media. Can you run lspci and paste the output?
Maybe the Storage Hotplug Option could do the trick:
You can take a look at the USB Access Control, too. Make sure no device like that is blocked.
If nothing of the above helps you can at least use the native usb redirection.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to get the built-in SD card reader of our OptiPlex 9020 to work?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”