Hi All, I’m setting up a new environment and I have imported administrator accounts from AD, how do I give permissions via a group to a user? I have user A who is a member of group X in AD. User A and group X are both imported to UMS and I have given certain access to the group X but not the user A. When user logs in they don’t have group permissions. How do I make the user a member of the group? the groups are not available when I click on membership for User A
you should be able to highlight group X, hit ‘Edit’ to grant rights, highlight user A, and see the corresponding rights under ‘Effective Rights’
Hello Jess, please what Josh said, also, this article could help
Thanks Josh and Ruiny for the response, group X has permissions as below. User A doesn’t have the permissions of the group
if you highlight group X and click ‘Members’ does it enumerate correctly, showing user A? If you made this change recently I wonder if you need to wait for DC replication, I can test this in my lab and it immediately works as expected when moving a user in/out of an AD group but I only have one DC 🙂
If UMS is correctly reading from its LDAP configuration, the user should show in that group using ‘Member of’ and the group should show the user using ‘Members’
Thanks All good Josh. I had imported the wrong group. Also one more question, is domain user rights sufficient for AD sync account
Glad to hear! Domain User should be sufficient, as we’re only reading from AD and not doing any writing
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to give permissions via a group to a user in IGEL UMS’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- How to downgrade IGEL OS versions?