Hi, I am pushing 2 wireless configurations (one profile) to laptops (OS11). I like to give the option to disable wireless. But I can’t find this option (disconnect or disable wifi). Any ideas how I can fix this?
You mean manually? Or automatically if network cable is connected?
The Wifi manager may help:
Network=>Interfaces=>WLAN=>Check Wifi Manager
I mean manually. But the ssid’s I pushed I cannot disconnect through the manager
Can you share a few Screenshots of this behaviour? What do you mean by disabling or disconnecting wifi exactly? switching between SSIDs, disabling the whole Wifi adapter or disconnecting from a given SSID?
I want to disconnect from ZM-wifi.
Can you see the picture?
I might have a lack of imagination maybe but why do you want to disconnect from the wifi ZM-Wifi? Is it meant for switching to another wifi network (pushed by profile or not)? That should work by double clicking on the other network (or press the play button after selecting the SSID).
🙂. At some locations the WiFi (in this case ZM-wifi) quality is bad. Every notebook has a 4G datacard. If the quality is bad, we want to be able to disconnect from WiFi so the datacard takes over.
Ok, got it. Let me check!
Ooook, created a profile to switch off and on the Wifi Adapter by:
1) Icons in the startmenu
2) CTRL ALT D Hotkey for Disabling Wifi CTRL ALT E for enabling
I tested it on OS11, but should work on OS10
It is working like a charm! Thanks!
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to give users ability to disable wireless on IGEL OS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- How to downgrade IGEL OS versions?