In a Citrix XA/XD 7.15 CU2 environment using IGEL OS10, When publishing the application we are hiding the shortcut from the Desktop. In windows desktops the windows receiver doesn’t display the shortcut in the desktop so it’s working as expected, however the same shortcut is being displayed in the iGEL desktop when the same user logs on using the Linux Receiver (13.7.0). The shortcut should’t be displayed the same way is not in Windows. Anyone running into the same issue? Or any idea how to get this working on the Linux Receiver the same way it works in the Citrix Receiver? Thanks
Are you speaking about the application shown on desktop, after the Citrix Login? Right?
Got to Session,Citrix,Citrix Storefront,yoursession,Appearance and remove the checkbox from Show Applicaions from Desktop.
Yes. the same shortcut shows is not shown in the windows desktop but it is in the IGEL desktop. The option of hide is enabled in Citrix.
Ok, If I do that then VDI Desktop shortcut won’t be displayed in the iGEL desktop. In some cases that’s how the users get into the VDI pool.
Ok, then you could replace the checkbox and adding: Apply Display Filter to Desktop Icons, and add your wanted icons to the list: Show only the following applications
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to hide the published application from the desktop running Citrix XA/XD 7.15 CU2 on IGEL OS’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS