I have USB device connected to an IGEL thinclient, need to identify its vendor id/uuid to whitelist , how do i get this details captured ?
You can use the lsusb command.
lsusb is a utility for displaying information about USB buses in the system and the devices connected to them.
Tells lsusb to be verbose and display detailed information about the devices shown. This includes configuration descriptors for the device’s current speed. Class descriptors will be shown, when available, for USB device classes including hub, audio, HID, communications, and chipcard.
Show only devices in specified bus and/or devnum. Both ID’s are given in decimal and may be omitted.
Show only devices with the specified vendor and product ID. Both ID’s are given in hexadecimal.
Do not scan the /dev/bus/usb directory, instead display only information about the device whose device file is given. The device file should be something like /dev/bus/usb/001/001. This option displays detailed information like the v option; you must be root to do this.
Tells lsusb to dump the physical USB device hierarchy as a tree. This overrides the v option.
Print version information on standard output, then exit successfully.
If the specified device is not found, a non-zero exit code is returned.
A list of all known USB ID’s (vendors, products, classes, subclasses and protocols).
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to identify vendor id / uuid of a USB device connected to an IGEL device?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?