Hi, a customer of mine has only UD3-LX clients and asked me if it is possible to install a printer driver for an USB printer on that system. He wants their production employees only to connect to Exact Online and print some orders. I think it will be a problem but maybe some of you can help me.
Hi! If we are speaking about a so called Linux PPD Driver then yes.
Thanks, looking good. Next Tuesday I will try. Let you know!
Keep my fingers crossed!
What kind of Linux OS is Igel using for their UD3-LX? It’s not so easy finding the PPD Driver for the HP LaserJet M14-M17 that I need……😕
Ubuntu 16.04 x64 should cover it in the best way
Thanks @member. Does someone here has experience with this and has the right PPD file / knows a site where to download it. The HP site doesn’t help very much because the only Linux driver I can download is a HPLIP file
Does it means that when I can select the setting, the Igel has the support for that printer already on board?
Yes, not everytime in the last detail but yes
Nice, then I will try this first. 💪. My customer will test this week so of course I ‘ll let you know…….
Good news, it works! Thanks for your support.
Happy to help!
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to install a printer driver for an USB printer on IGEL OS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”