Hello, everybody, how to install an FTPs server for the Igel update distribution. Background is, that when checking the update from OS10 to OS11 the update resource is not ok, because in the directory files are missing. Same as in this article
What are your experiences and best practices?
Hello Eike, I guess you could follow this guide kb.igel.com/igelos-10.06.100/en/creating-a-profile-23525406.html
Especially Point 3:
Go to System > Update > OS 11 Upgrade and change the following settings according to your successful upgrade test (for details, see kb.igel.com/igelos-10.06.100/en/adjusting-the-setup-23525400.html Adjusting the Setup):
• Activate Upgrade to OS 11.
• Set Upgrade to OS 11 even if PowerTerm is enabled according to your needs.
• Set Require an Enterprise Management Pack license to upgrade to OS 11 according to your needs.
• Set Timeout waiting for OS 11 license to start automatic upgrade to 10 Minutes.
Just to note, I had issues doing the OS10 to 11 upgrade when using FTP servers. I had point the upgrade media to the UMS server for it to detect it. When hosted on an FTP it only seems to check for the LX version.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to install an FTPs server for the IGEL OS update distribution?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?