Maybe a stupid question, but can I deploy the ICG profile to Igels inhouse and in network with the UMS so employees can take them home later using UMS profiles?
No stupid question.
For the moment, there is no “profile” properly spoken for ICG. You start the Wizard, connects to ICG, gets your device automatically configured and then you can take it back to home. A Mass Deployment (if that was meant) isn’t integrated for the moment (it was, then removed, but should come back soon).
Yes, was thinking about Mass Deployment indeed. Thanks for the Info 🙂
On top of what Sebastien said, as long as your devices are able to access the ICG internally via same name/port as they would at home, then you could certainly “pre-stage” them with ICG and continue to manage them while they are on your network.
icg_try_ums_connect may also be a good option for you to play with:
icg-config seems to be back on 11.03.500:
Usage: icg-config -s SERVER [ -p PORT ] -o ONE_TIME_PASSWORD [ -f ROOT_CERT_FINGERPRINT ] [ -t UMS_STRUCTURE_TAG ]
That’s something you could put in a profile.
Nice one, will give that a ashot
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to install IGEL ICG in one location and take the device anywhere?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS