During the installation of the IGEL UMS, the administrator console was installed on the server, as shown above. If you wish to install it remotely, you can. This comes in handy if you want to log into the UMS from your local machine. For example, if the UMS server is running on Linux or a public cloud instance (AWS, Azure).
The UMS Management Console remote install has the following system requirements:
- Minimum 1.5 GB RAM (2 GB recommended)
- Minimum 250 MB free storage space
- Java Runtime Environment 1.8.0_40 or newer – Downloaded here.
The following steps detail how to install the UMS Console on a remote PC.
1. Open the local browser and browse to igelrmserver:8443/start_rm.html.
|If you did not create the ‘igelrmserver’ DNS or DHCP setting as documented above, you are required to replace ‘igelrmserver’ with the server name or IP address of the IGEL UMS server.|
2. Click the Start IGEL Universal Management Suite Console link and click the Save As button to save the Java applet to the desired location.
3. The Java app is copied to the place you defined above. Double-Click the rm shortcut to launch the IGEL UMS Console.
4. Click the Continue button to accept the security warning.
5. Click the Run button to accept the Java security message. Hopefully, you trust the fine folks at IGEL!
6. Enter the UMS server address in the Server text box, use ‘igelrmserver’ if you created the DNS or DHCP setting, as recommended above.
Enter the default port number (8443), username, and password.
Click the Connect button to connect to the remote UMS.
7. You are prompted to accept an unknown certificate. Again, I feel you can trust IGEL, so click the Accept button to continue.
8. If all goes as planned, the UMS opens, and away you go! Happy days are here to stay!
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- Can I to use Remote desktop and webcam support via a thin client with IGEL software?
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- What is required for Zoom VDI/Zoom Media Plugin for Citrix on IGEL OS?