Hey, we are looking for a solution to integrate our IGEL OS clients into our Active Directory (as Computer Objects). Does anyone have any experience or is looking for a solution aswell?
Hey, as far as I remember there isn‘t a standard or supported way to achieve that requirement. Linux can authentificate against an AD, but creating computer objects is limited to windows devices. What are you trying to achieve?
Hi Sebastien, upcoming changes (firewall, NAC) and our printing solution (steadyprint) rely on AD objects so that we need the clients to be in the AD.
Hi Michael, ok! I assume that you would have to reprocuce the settings in the UMS, as soon as they are available there. A couple of actions would be available through our Management interface (IMI) / Rest API
We do create Computerobjects for each Linux-TC as well. Since we never really put in operation at the same time enough to have the urge to automate this, we do this manually.
But as @member said, you can achieve this via IMI/API
Here you could use the Powershell Module github.com/IGEL-Community/PSIGEL
to get the TCs and their directories:
(Get-UMSThinclient, Get-UMSThinclientDirectory) , join them and Import them in to AD
Without IMI license you could achieve this also by using sql-queries
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to integrate our IGEL OS clients into Active Directory (as Computer Objects)?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS