Hi. Does anyone know if it’s possible to jump up 2 Firmware increments in an unattended fashion using the buddy system? I am going from 5.13.100.01 to 11.01.110.01 via 10.05.800.01. I have set a buddy for each version, then applied two policies to all Igels. One for each buddy upgrade. I then set a reboot policy for during the night but in the morning, the Igels have only jumped up to 10 and not to 11. When I remove the 10 policy and reboot again, they update to 11.
if i add two firmwares to a Device normally and hit update it first does the oldest version and next update the second one that was connected. foud out by accident. but i dont know if the buddy master holds both updates in its FTP server.
Thanks. I have 2 buddy server policies which I apply to 2 Igels with the appropriate OS. And then 2 buddy client policies that set to look for a buddy automatically and update. I would have thought that 1 would apply first, then the other on subsequent reboots but it doesn’t seem to work that way.
A quick thought: what about using Default Directory Rules for that?
First rule if FW is 5.13.100 then move endpoint to a folder where the FW 10.05.830 is attached and a profile where the “update” command is forced (see attached picture).
Second rule the same with other firmware and another folder where the FW 11.x is assigned.
Default Directory Rules are applied from top to buttom and if one applies, the others are neglected.
Ok, that’s interesting, thanks. I will look into that.
This all became too much of a ‘pain in the arse’ and I’m resorting to a 2 step strategy over a couple of nights. I’m frustrated that the process is not more straightforward.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to jump up two IGEL OS Firmware increments in an unattended fashion using the buddy update system? ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?