How do you handle local USB printers where users should be able to print from a RDP session when they are at home? USB redirection? Local CUPS? Drivers? …
Yes, I managed it at a customer with CUPS printing. Although that was Citrix, I think the principle is the same. Of course you must have the redirected printer settings configured well If yes, the local printer is shown in the session.
Point 10, where do I find the exact name of the driver?
I used a default HP driver. Took one of the most common used Laserjet drivers and it worked although it was not exactly the same printer type 😇
I know there are websites where u can find a lot about CUPS drivers etc.
Just to Henks perfect answer: Here is a thread that might help, even if Citrix related:
Ok, maybe we will not support (all) local printers. 😉
When I use an universal driver, eg. ‘HP Universal Printing PCL 6’, is there a way to tell the driver which features, like color, duplex, …, the printer supports?
From what I recall, yes, on the Terminalserver/Printer side.
It’s all greyed out… :thinking_face:
Cannot check atm (because of vacation), hope that someone can reproduce it.
Yes, happy holidays! 🙂
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to: local USB printers where users should be able to print from a RDP session when they are at home? USB redirection? Local CUPS? Drivers?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS