Hey folks is anyone aware of a way to lock sessions down with AD credentials rather than a custom user or admin password? My clients want to lock a browser to require AD credentials if possible on a machine that they dont want them to login via AD first. itll be used for other purposes so doesnt need login but if they need to use the browser they want it locked to AD
Are you saying you want the user to get prompted for AD credentials when they try to launch a browser?
or any session technically would be good to know if it can be done but in this specific case yes browser
There is not. It would require support from teh application itself. you could do something like publish a browser via Citrix/VMWare/RDS and use that as the gateway authentication method
It also wouldn’t be something that would be easy to script, or something I personally would want to support if you did, as you would have to invoke kerberos Authentication and validate the return before launching anything.
bummer, thats a great alternative but not in this use case they are running on azure and trying to keep costs down so I dont believe they will want to put up an app server just for this. It wouldnt require anything scripted just force em to log into citrix and then have the published browser as one of the apps and your good. have the actual igel browser not used. THank you though
@member — You may to check on what the client is using for Web proxy and Authentication. Something like this maybe — azuremarketplace.microsoft.com/en-us/marketplace/apps/cloud-infrastructure-services.squid-proxy?tab=Overview
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to lock sessions down with AD credentials rather than a custom user or admin password on IGEL OS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?