Is there any other way of having Firefox launch quicker when set to automatically launch? Maybe a delay of showing the desktop? Not a big deal, but it would be nice to have a near instant presentation of our Citrix Gateway login page
You mean you have a delay from when your desktop seems ready until the browser session starts when it has the automatic start enabled?
This is usually due to fact that the network is not ready yet.
But this network ready status here means also that initial UMS transfer is done and processed which can take a little while after basic network connectivity is already given.
Do you mean this?
Yes, that is what I’m experiencing. Are you saying that if there’s a profile update waiting to apply to the device, it might take a bit longer to launch Firefox?
There might not even be an update on your settings but it could take time until UMS answers back. Or when there are many browser certs deployed. Till they reach the browser profile this could take a few s.
Unmark ‘wait for Network’
Thanks all for the replies. I do have ‘wait for network’ unchecked. I think everything is working as expected; I’m just too picky, but all is well!
By not waiting for the network you already have the fastest way to start your browser. But then the browser could be requesting the page before connectivity is given or the certs it needs are in place. Given that the browser itself takes time to start it could be OK nevertheless.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to make Firefox launch quicker when set to automatically launch on IGEL OS’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?