What is the best channel to ask questions about igel customization? We have written some code that uses lightdm libraries etc — built static to manage background wallpaper (issue I raised before) and need to understand the security model and services approach. Essentially we want the code to run as a service. We noticed that cron is not present on the thin client but the “at” command is heavily used.
CRON is in IGEL OS …
Here is a sample profile using it… (download the Intranet-to-from-internet-profile.xml file inside the IGEL Community on Slack)
We have #os-customization
And just in case, Cron wouldn‘t work as expected, Systemd-timers are there:
systemd-run –unit=”yourscript” –on-calendar=”Tue -*- 01:00:00″ /wfs/yourscript.sh
Can you explain a little more, please?
I used it during the time where Cron wasn‘t available in Igel OS.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to make run code to run as a service on IGEL OS’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS