I have an odd one for the group. UD2-LX thin client connecting to a horizon view based VDI environment with windows 7 desktops. The customer is using RDP as the transport protocol. The legacy app they use requires DPI scaling of 125% to be usable on modern monitors. I can set the resolution scaling on the thin client and the value is transmitted to the os (I can see the value in HKCUVolatile EnvironmentXViewclient_Displays_SystemDPI) but it does not impact the actual resolution. The firmware is current and has the Horizon Client for Linux to version 4.10.0-11053294 but I cannot figure out how to make the client side change to turn off DPI synchronisation. Any thoughts?
The client side can’t turn it off, there’s a group policy for that, see:
The client side can only switch off display scaling, which is used if DPI sync is off.
This can be done in the IGEL registry here:
But because you use RDP I’m not sure how that all plays out. Need to try and see.
At least in Blast sessions you were able to set the custom scale factor in the windows desktop again if both DPI sync and display scaling were off.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to make the client side change to turn off DPI synchronisation with VMware Horizon Client on IGEL OS’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS