I’m having trouble loading iGel OS firmware in to my UMS from archive files, e.g. “OSC_11.05.120.zip”. I’m in an air-gapped environment – no Internet for the UMS.
I right click “Universal Firmware Update” and select “Firmware archive (zip file) -> Universal Firmware Update” and then select the “Firmware archive (zip file) -> Universal Firmware Update” radio button.
I point “Firmware file” at ‘OSC_11.05.120.zip’ and set the “WebDAV target directory” to ‘/ums_filetransfer/’. The upload begins but errors after a couple of minutes with
Invalid firmware file <mypc.local:8443/ums_filetransfer/OSC_11.05.120-1620211599199
(The thirteen digit number varies each time I try)
I can upload ‘Files’ to “ums_filetransfer/”.
I can’t find any logging to help me. Can anyone offer any suggestions.
Did you tried it with the update file (lxos_11.05.120_public.zip)?
The OSC is the IGEL OS Creator, it is there to install IGEL OS on your devices.
This the file you need @member fwu.igel.com/files/IGEL_OS_11/updates/lxos_11.05.133_public.zip
Thanks. Will try that
OK. Just tried with ‘lxos_11.05.120_public.zip’ downloaded from the iGel website and got the same error “Invalid firmware file…”
System > Import … > Import Firmwares
Ron, looks like I end up at the same dialog but trying it now
Could you try to open the Zip with archive Manager and extract all the content, does that work?
One last thing… Which UMS Version are you using?
UMS 6.07.100. There seems to be a problem with some of my firmware downloads. Two out of three of the checksums don’t match. I will try re-downloading in a different browser.
It was definitely a download issue. I used a different browser, checked the checksums – all good and successfully loaded three firmwares in to the UMS. Thanks for all the help
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to manually adding IGEL OS firmware to the UMS (no Internet UMS)’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”