Hello everyone! I have a coworker that’s working on migrating our SQL databases to a new SQL server, is there documentation on how to best proceed with this? They’re wanting to know if this can be done during business hours, which I’m a little hesitant about without knowing if there are best practices from iGel. Any advice or resources you awesome folks can share I would very much appreciate! 🙂 Thank you!
Hello Jennifer, in general yes, there is no big downtime to expect but „general“ isn‘t really reliable😄
So, if possible, plan a short downtime period.
Well, yes, assuming we are speaking about MSSQL:
Hope it helps a bit!
Oh yes, MSSQL, sorry for not specifying! 😄 This is exactly what they were looking for, thank you @member!
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to migrate the IGEL UMS from to a new SQL Sever?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”