Hello everyone! I have a coworker that’s working on migrating our SQL databases to a new SQL server, is there documentation on how to best proceed with this? They’re wanting to know if this can be done during business hours, which I’m a little hesitant about without knowing if there are best practices from iGel. Any advice or resources you awesome folks can share I would very much appreciate! 🙂 Thank you!
Hello Jennifer, in general yes, there is no big downtime to expect but „general“ isn‘t really reliable😄
So, if possible, plan a short downtime period.
Well, yes, assuming we are speaking about MSSQL:
Hope it helps a bit!
Oh yes, MSSQL, sorry for not specifying! 😄 This is exactly what they were looking for, thank you @member!
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to migrate the IGEL UMS from to a new SQL Sever?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- Can I to use Remote desktop and webcam support via a thin client with IGEL software?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- What is required for Zoom VDI/Zoom Media Plugin for Citrix on IGEL OS?