Hi all, Im am running OS 10.04 (will migrate to OS 11 soon) and that runs without too many issues. However, lately I encounter users with secured UDB devices. Under Windows they receive a popup to enter a password but not with IGEL. Because IGEL cannot read the device it is not mounted and therefor not visible within a Citrix session. What can / must / should I do to enable the usage of secured USB devices?
USB-ports are deactivated by default in IGEL for security reasons. You can activate access to USB data sticks in Devices / Storage Devices / Storage Hotplug.
If you want to narrow the use of only specific USB devices, than configure the “USB Access Control” there as well:
• Default Rule “deny”
• Add exception under “Devices rules” naming the Vendor- and product ID of the corresponding USB device
Hi Udo, I can see all kind of USB drives without problem but now some users have USB drives that are encrypted using Microsoft Bitlocker and therefor have a password. Using lsusb I can see the USB device but the system cannot mount it because it cannot get access to it. So I have to find a way to enter the password for the device.
@member there isn’t bitlocker support in the Linux OS. You can try disabling storage hotplug and drive redirection, and instead try using USB Redirection to attach the USB storage devices directly to the windows VDI session and see if the bitlocker on that will allow you to decrypt the contents
Ok, I will try that one.
sometimes better to use such sticks with some keys on it like a TLS lock with suitcases 🙂
@member That it now works?
another example: istorage-uk.com/de/product-category/encrypted-flash-drives/
Thank you all but the problem is solved. I have migrated to OS 11.03.500 and every USB / Smartphone / Camera works like a charm.
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?