Anyone attempted to split their UMS? I am needing to take half of my devices in UMS, and put them into a different UMS server for a subsidiary. Can I just export those settings for those devices, and then upload into the new? I would want to take everything related to these devices, rules, profiles, etc.
Are you using the embedded DB or an external one? Basically you could copy the UMS Db, reinstall a new UMS, and connects it to the new DB. On the internal embedded one, it‘s slightly easier: make a complete Backup in UMS Administrator (rmadmin.exe) and restore it on the new one.
We just switched over to a external SQL database this week. I also dont want all of the devices that are staying with company A that it’s own OU in our structure, just everything that is in another OU.
Atm. you can export the Profiles and reimport it somewhere else. The devices(incl. directory assignment) can be exported when using a View and then reimported into the other via System, Import, Import Devices.
But before adding some thoughts, what is the exact use case you are trying to cover?
Sebastien, we have split part of our company and it will have its own UMS server on its own domain. I need to keep one OU that is on domain a, on UMS server A. I need to move one OU that is on domain B, to UMS Server B including the license paks that go with these machines.
Hi Sloan, how far are you in splitting up the UMS?
Any issues you ran into?
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to move IGEL OS devices from one UMS to another?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?