Is it possible to move the UMS to a different/new server?
Sure! Is this document covering your needs?
Hello, is it possible to update the link? For my needs, the server will change of IP address and the DNS Igelrmserver or the DHCP option are not used.
Hello Gerald, sure! Here we go:
Thank you. It’s clear for the UMS and the database. But how the devices will be “informed” of the new server IP address?
If you have Autoregistration enabled, you only have to change the DNS alias or DHCP 224 igelrmserver to point to the new server.
and if it’s not enabled (my case)?
How many devices are affected?
about 150 devices in my countries
Then… I would go for kb.igel.com/endpointmgmt-6.03/en/removing-a-certificate-22462841.html
in old UMS, and register them step by step to the new one by searching and registering manually:
Thank, could you confirm that I can run both UMS in parallel to move each TC one by one?
Even if it isn‘t the smartest way, yes!
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to move the IGEL UMS to a different/new server? ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS