Is it possible to move the UMS to a different/new server?
Sure! Is this document covering your needs?
Hello, is it possible to update the link? For my needs, the server will change of IP address and the DNS Igelrmserver or the DHCP option are not used.
Hello Gerald, sure! Here we go:
Thank you. It’s clear for the UMS and the database. But how the devices will be “informed” of the new server IP address?
If you have Autoregistration enabled, you only have to change the DNS alias or DHCP 224 igelrmserver to point to the new server.
and if it’s not enabled (my case)?
How many devices are affected?
about 150 devices in my countries
Then… I would go for kb.igel.com/endpointmgmt-6.03/en/removing-a-certificate-22462841.html
in old UMS, and register them step by step to the new one by searching and registering manually:
Thank, could you confirm that I can run both UMS in parallel to move each TC one by one?
Even if it isn‘t the smartest way, yes!
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to move the IGEL UMS to a different/new server? ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- What is required for Zoom VDI/Zoom Media Plugin for Citrix on IGEL OS?
- Lanching a published desktop via Citrix gives me “Error adding store:AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR”