You are required to configure your firewalls, including the Windows Firewall and AWS Security Group, to allow the UMS to communicate with the IGEL OS.
By default, the Windows firewall is configured with the following basic rules:
- Inbound Connections that do not match a rule are blocked.
- Outbound connections that do not match a rule are allowed.
The Windows firewall is configured to allow all outgoing connections. Hence, you are not required to create any outbound rules. However, inbound connections are blocked. These rules are needed to be created for the desired network ports.
Usually, the UMS installer should do this for the UMS Windows Server, but it is highly recommended you verify the required ports are open.
The following ports are required for proper network communications. The defined ports and protocols must have the ability to communicate from the client to the server.
|TCP/UDP||Communication between the UMS server and thin client (30001).|
If server and load balancer are running together on one system,
the server switches to port 30002, and load balancer uses port 30001.
|UMS Agent on TC||30005||TCP/UDP||The UMS component on the thin client (UMS Agent) is waiting|
for UMS server input on this port.
|GUI Server||8443||TCP||Communication between GUI server and UMS console and file transfer with https.||Yes|
|IGEL Management Interface (IMI)||8443||TCP||REST API for UMS (subscription required)||Yes|
|The above table only lists the ports required open for a basic deployment. For a complete list of IGEL ports, please refer to the following support article kb.igel.com/endpointmgmt-6.04/en/ums-communication-ports-26035034.html.|
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?