Hi guys, why is it not possible to open pdf documents in the firefox browser? Are there any requirements? I use latest firmware OS 11.05.120.
Hi eric, works on my side, same firmware:
Could you try with a profile for browser without any restrictions?
Did you disabled some Features under System, Firmware Customization, Features?
Yes, I did disable a lot of features to be honest.
I found the responsable missing feature –> “Printing (Internet Printing Protocol CUPS)”. Are there any best practice or detailed information what all of these features are doing? I thought to disable all of them which are not necessary to reduce the overhead, image transfer size and increase security.
The only side Effect Feature I would be aware of, is Cups/Browser PDF, honestly.
What about Fluendo GStreamer, Media Player, Nvidia graphics driver, vnc viewer, hardware video acceleration, extra font package, Igel Multi Display 3 Display? Any details what they doing?
Fluendo: Mutimedia Codec for Multimedia locally and Remote. Should be on
Media play: Gnome Video Player a bit like VLC, can stay off
Nvidia Driver: GPU Driver for local Nvidia cards, Should be on
VNC Viewer: a VNC client to connect to a remote VNC server like RDP. Can be off
HW Acceleration: goes hand in hand with fluendo: both should stay on
Extra font package: can be off if you don#t want to use
UMD: Can be off, it’s an old product.
Thanks Sebastien. I will try what happened.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to open PDF documents in the firefox browser on IGEL OS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?