Does anyone know how to open RDP screens on fixed monitor? We have RDP opening a session on dual monitors (monitor A and B). If monitor B is powered off, the screen being displayed on monitor B switches to monitor A. We need each screen to stay in its respective monitor even if a monitor is powered off. In Windows, we can modify the RDP file setting “winposstr” and it’ll work, but don’t know how to do this on IGEL.
If it is using a digital (DisplayPort, DVI, HDMI, etc.) connector this won’t be possible. If the monitor is turned off the OS detects that it is no longer there and tears down that screen completely, which moves all applications to the remaining screens.
When it comes back, you should be able to move the application back, or reboot the device to get the RDP session to re-open on the second monitor.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to open RDP screens on fixed monitor on IGEL OS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR