Trying to pass a printer into ica session and use a custom driver name, but it doesn’t seem to accept it. Do I have some syntax incorrect with this?
I should note that I installed the MS Publisher Color Printer driver on the citrix server and was able to verify it works if i choose it from the list, but I am unable to get the custom one to work. Trying to avoid having to install a driver on every citrix server we have 🙂
Hey @member, I think there is something special about the Citrix Universal Print Driver, which requires some special configuration on the local printer. May want to ask Citrix about how that works.
Ok, thanks. I will reach out to them.
James, you saw this? kb.igel.com/igelos-11.02.100/en/mapping-local-printer-to-citrix-or-rdp-sessions-23515404.html
Found this before i had a chance to talk to Citrix:
Did that end up fixing it for you @member?
I installed that driver specified in the article and sure enough i can now use the citrix universal printer driver. So weird that Citrix didn’t just use a driver built into 2012/2016 instead they made a support article to install the older driver
No…that honestly sounds par for the course LOL
Haha. I guess i haven’t worked enough with Citrix to know 🙂
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to pass a printer into CItrix session and use a custom driver name on IGEL OS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?