Does anyone know how to prevent a program from writing to the systemd journal or syslog? I tried some settings with rsyslog, but none of them worked. We have a vendor program that unfortunately writes very verbosely to the system log, and we would like to prevent that from happening.
Tip: I would check with vendor on how to change logging level or how to redirect logging to /dev/null
I’ve asked the vendor. Unfortunately, they can’t reduce it without other undesirable effects.
Thank you for the recommendation(s), though.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to prevent a program from writing to the systemd journal or syslog?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”